Who is the course for?
Experienced Lift Truck Operatives who wish to progress to becoming an Instructor. You must have a minimum of 6 months industrial operating experience and documentary evidence of passing the Practical Test(s) of Operating Skills endorsed by RTITB Limited, within the 12 months preceding the course start date.
This course is also appropriate for current or previously registered (within the last 12 months) RTITB Lift Truck Instructors, who have been frequent providers of Lift Truck Operator Training. Delegates must be able to demonstrate awareness of all Lift Truck related legislation and RTITB Accreditation Criteria and requirements.
Tuition and practice in the delivery of theoretical and practical training of Lift Truck Operators, which ensures that successful delegates meet the necessary standards laid down by the Health and Safety Executive and RTITB.
- Accident prevention
- Role of the Instructor
- Simple task analysis
- Question and answer techniques
- Principles of lifting
- Safety - Instructor's responsibilities
- Operator certification
- Accident analysis
- Principles of instruction
- Practical lesson planning
- Design and use of training aids
- The practical period
- Operator basic skills testing
- Classroom presentation Legislation, Codes of Practice 3 stages of operator training)
- Lift truck familiarisation
- Practical demonstration skills
- Daily routines and maintenance test(s)
- Battery care and maintenance
- Directing trainee practice
- Truck operating skills and corrective tuition
Note: Delegates should bring with them appropriate safety clothing and footwear.
Duration of Course
2 weeks (10 consecutive working days)
Note: The course can be extended to 12 days, for those who wish to refresh their Lift Truck operating practice. 5 days re-registration.
- Test(s) of Basic Operating Skills - Associated Knowledge and Practical Test to Instructor Standard
- RTITB Examination of Practical Instructional Ability
- RTITB Examination of Instructor Associated Knowledge
Successful delegates will be eligible to apply for entry to the RTITB National Register of Lift Truck Instructors for a period of 5 years.