Designed for existing/new LGV drivers if you are expecting to drive new (registered since May 2006) trucks or buses (or may hire them), or if you are planning to utilise the benefits digital tachographs offer.
- Pre-training planning for operators.
- Gain a clear understanding of both EU and UK legislation governing the operation of digital tachographs.
- A detailed examination of the actual digital tachograph system, comprising the vehicle unit, sensor, speedometer and smart cards.
- Looking at the different tachograph smart cards, how they differ, how they are issued and to whom.
- Data security.
- How the digital tachograph is used, including logging on and off, manual entries, data display, menu structures, adjusting time settings, etc.
- Learning about pictograms and their various combinations.
- Using printouts, interpreting the data and understanding the requirements for mixed analogue and digital operations.
Certification and Registration
Certificates of achievement will be provided by RTITB for all digitac courses. All successful individuals will be entered on to the RTITB database for a period of 3 years, using the NORS system. This will allow employers, agencies and regulators to verify the training and qualifications with one simple call to RTITB.
Duration: ½ day
Venue: Our premises or your premises
If you would like to know more information, or dates that we have available for these courses, please contact us.